Free SMS Alerts using Twitter
You can get free SMS alerts using Twitter when your website or server goes down. All you need is a free account.
This article shows you how to get free SMS alerts using Twitter when your website or server goes down.
Enter Twitter Username
- Make sure you are logged into your account.
- Go to the "Contact List" page -
- Method 1 - Click on the "Dashboard" link in the top menu. Then, on the dashboard page, click on the "Contact List" button.
- Method 2 - Hover the mouse on the "Monitors..." link in the top menu. Then, on the drop down menu, click on the "Contacts" option.
- On the "Contact List" page, click on the "Create Contact" button or menu option.
- On the "Create Contact" page, enter your Twitter Username in the "Twitter Username" field.
- Click on "Submit" button to save the contact.
Verify Twitter Username
- On the "Contact List" page, select the contact/username to be verified.
- In the "Select Action" drop down menu, click on the "Verify Twitter ID" option.
- Follow the instructions in the resulting page.
- Note - You won't be able to receive SMS alerts if the Twitter username is not verified.
Select Twitter Username
- Create or Edit a monitor.
- On the create/edit monitor page, go to the "Alerts" tab (pink colored box).
- Click on the "Add Another Action" button.
- Select the "Send Twitter Message" option in the "Select Action" drop down menu.
- Click on the "Add" button on the right side.
- Check the contacts/usernames you want to send the private message to in case of a failure.
- Log in to twitter.com and configure to receive SMS alerts when you receive a direct/private message.
- Click on "Save" button to save the monitor.