Free SMS Alerts
You can get free SMS alerts when your website or server goes down. All you need is a free account.
This article shows you how to get free SMS alerts when your website or server goes down.
Enter Phone Number
- Make sure you are logged into your account.
- Go to the "Contact List" page -
- Method 1 - Click on the "Dashboard" link in the top menu. Then, on the dashboard page, click on the "Contact List" button.
- Method 2 - Hover the mouse on the "Monitors..." link in the top menu. Then, on the drop down menu, click on the "Contacts" option.
- On the "Contact List" page, click on the "Create Contact" button or menu option.
- On the "Create Contact" page, in the "Cell Phone" field, select the country and enter your phone number. You can enter hyphens or brackets if you want to.
- For free SMS, select your cell phone carrier in the "Cell Company" field.
- Click on "Submit" button to save the contact.
Verify Phone Number
- On the "Contact List" page, select the contact/phone number to be verified.
- In the "Select Action" drop down menu, click on the "Send SMS Verification" option.
- You should receive an SMS message almost immediately.
- Follow the instructions in the SMS message to verify your phone number.
- Note - You won't be able to receive SMS alerts if the phone number is not verified.
Select Phone Number
- Create or Edit a monitor.
- On the create/edit monitor page, go to the "Alerts" tab (pink colored box).
- Click on the "Add Another Action" button.
- Select the "Send SMS" option in the "Select Action" drop down menu.
- Click on the "Add" button on the right side.
- Check the contacts/phone numbers you want to send the SMS alerts to in case of a failure.
- Click on "Save" button to save the monitor.